PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 24th Feb 2007, 07:44
Whispermode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to respond to tiggerific69, of course I don't wish ill of those Bacon employees who may or may not eventually join up with flybe, from whatever role or position they come from or go to.
My concern is one of practicalities. I have worked for flybe for nearly 10 yrs now and have endured, along with many of my colleagues, the mess and disruption that we have all had to go through since 2000 when we all but went to the wall. Unlike some in Bacon we at flybe have had no 'charm' offensive or management visits, talk of scheduling agreement is exactly that - just talk, nothing in writing and everything has dragged on in a complete vacuum for us here with clearly more and more Bacon people leaving, from ground and air positions.
I know what flybe was like when we had more aircraft than we could crew, when 30% of the pilot workforce turned over in a year, when, as a line trainer, I barely knew which day of the week it was let along from which base I was operating from and I can see it all about to happen again. I have absolutely nothing against any employee from Bacon (my best man happens to be an ex Brymon Bacon) but I can just see the bad old days coming around the corner again, especially in the training area - do you know we are now being offered a bonus to recruit a pilot for flybe?
So, to make it absolutely clear, good luck to all Bacon employees whether you stay or go but I still wish this deal had been better thought through because I don't have any confidence in the flybe infrastructure being able to cope with the Co doubling in size overnight.

Last edited by Whispermode; 24th Feb 2007 at 08:20.