PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2007, 02:41
EAAFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regionalguy, first of all, thank you for calming down.
Did I deny that the meeting took place? No.
Were all Melbourne flight attendants invited? As far as I know, they were. It was up to them to choose whether to attend or not.
I don't know how to make it clearer that specific questions about what was discussed at the meeting will not be addressed because the meeting was only for cabin crew and this is a public forum. Whether management knew about the meeting is irrelevant. The fact remains they do not need to know what staff do in their free time. Feel free to send me a private message.
Is the Melbourne meeting a sign of disunity among bases? No. If it were possible to have one meeting for all bases, one would have been organised. Are you suggesting we agree to meet at a chosen location equally convenient for Mildura, Sydney and Melbourne crew? I don't see how that would work.
Is the turn-out for the meeting a measure of its success? Perhaps, perhaps not. I was there in order to hear what my colleagues had to say, not to measure the meeting's success.
During the negotiations for the current EBA a similar meeting was organised in Sydney. No one objected to it. No one saw it as a sign of disunity. It was simply a way for people to get together and talk about their working conditions.