PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what experience does an airline prefer?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2007, 01:05
WestCoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, I'm currently flying in Northern Canada on a light twin, I am 26 years old and have 1500TT, and we fly 2-crew due to customer contract requirements and insurance policies. I hold both Canadian and British Passports and am looking at moving over to the UK and continuing my flying career there. I understand that I have to complete the entire JAA Frozen ATPL studies and everything that comes along with that. I have a 4 year University Degree in Business Administration as well. My question is this....... How marketable would I be over in that market once I have completed the licence conversion? I understand some differences between the industry here in Canada and over there, like putting low time guys on medium turbo-props, and some even landing Jet Jobs from reading the posts on here. That is basically unheard of in Canada. If you want to get on to a dash-8 or 737 in Canada you're looking at 4000 plus hours, mostly PIC on turbine equipment. Is a 4 year University degree a big deal at all over there? I know down in the States it is. Thanks to anyone who replies and if you have any advice on which flight training unit to complete the conversion at I'd be happy to hear it. Cheers!