PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Launceston prosecution – what has happened? (Part 2)
Old 24th Feb 2007, 00:30
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torres

How you can make that statement of guilt when the matter has not been expediently tested in an open and accountable court of law,
= easy. ROE for combatants in an armed conflict. There are only two sides, theirs and yours, if you are captured or found on their side, trained and armed by them yet, you have quite a different legal problem to the Qantas pilots. This wasn't Iraq this was Afghanistan and direct retaliation for the Al Quaeda attack on the US. I guess next we'll be disputing whether they actually conducted the 9/11outrage.

Nah our Indiana Jones friend has a bit to answer to or maybe he was just a bit confused about life. 5 years is a long time but to conflate his situation with the 5 years of civilian legal process surrounding the Qantas pilots is seriously ingenuous, if not jus horsefeathers.

Oh and it seems the real story of the murder of Balibo 5 is being confirmed. Moral of the story being if you are in a conflict zone for whatever reason and under whatever circumstances you pays your money you take your chances.

I have a number of close friends who operate in some seriously dangerous places where young children dressed up as soldiers carrying (just barely) serious weapons, which were they to fire them in anger, or most probably fright would take out everybody standing nearby. You do exactly what they say and at all times try not to make unnecessary eye contact. These kids have been taken from their villages after the whole village has been shot and made into soldiers. So how would you try them in a court.

I would not want Government to dictate my decision, although I respect Government's right to set conditions
eeerm can't put my finger on the definition but what you just said was.

If the Government says I can't sell it I cant. The responsibility for the decision and or the "rightness" of that action has been moved from you to them. You don't actually have a say except through an examination of the Qantas Sale Act through the High Court or the ballot box.