PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 20:54
Brisvegasboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBA

I know we don't have concrete info for a few days, however let's get the ball rolling with some fairly firm rumour mill stuff.......

All well and good to do a 12 hour day if you are paxing a sector (as we do now) or it's ONE sector (ie Long Haul) HOWEVER, no matter what the company says about extra days off (because believe me - you won't be able to basically write your own roster), I for one, do NOT want to operate 12 hours - 5 sector days, BNE-DRW returns - operating all the way etc etc. Just think about operating another few hours when you sign off on a 9 hr 45 day in the next few weeks - aaahh!!

Last EBA, the company added only 15mins to our operating duty time (9 hrs 30 mins became 9 hrs 45 mins) and that allowed an extra sector to be added on - let's not fall into this trap again!! The extra hours could easily see crew operate back to home base - less overnights - no thanks.

The overtime issue will be interesting to see....let's fight to keep our daily rate (ie. if you work over 9 hrs you are entitled to it) I mean, what other job don't you earn a daily rate of overtime in?? Think about it guys, when are we EVER rostered over 140 hrs a month?? So bye, bye overtime......If it comes out on the new EBA as a huge hourly rate (apparently $50ish) don't be fooled by the big bucks - I like my quite substantial daily overtime rate now.....

Will be interesting to see what becomes of our Avail days - they are quite a nice money spinner also - we don't want to lose them as they are now!
Have heard that Ad-Hoc Instructors will actually earn less for certain patterns of days they train - how rediculous. This may only apply to a small percentage but don't forget if that is a position you would like to be in the future, you need to fight for better conditions in that area now!

Clearly, the company will try and sell this on a number of levels - part time being a big one that many crew will have tunnel vision viewing on.

Management must have room to move on this - let's say NO and negotiate on the stuff we don't like - hopefully enough crew won't just hear one side and say yes to it.

Interesting to see what out pilot mates said about theirs.........

Thoughts guys??

BVB