PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hire Malta
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 18:55
Dan Dare

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So nearly managed to do the trip, but in the end the beaurocracy caught up with me. I have an old CAA licence, which would not allow me to fly a Maltese registered aircraft in Italy. I believe that if I were to have been JAA licenced there would have been no problem.

malta flying were very helpful and I was only too dissappointed not to have been able to do business with them. Maybe next time if I ever get a European licence. Falcon Alliance are also at Luqa flying Tecnam P92 (which I fancy a go in), but the same issue would apply for me.

Luqa didn't seem all that busy while I was there, so I think a whizz round the islands would be a great idea when you visit. There's plenty to gawp at from the air and perhaps you'd get a better idea of the sheer scale of the 5000 year old historic sites, which is difficult to guage from close-up. They are currently discussing plans for an 800 m strip at Gozo as well, so that could make flying very useful.

If any of you get to do it, don't forget to post your experiences for the rest of us to share...