PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Psychometric Testing
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 17:24
Victor India

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No1Dear,

Some on Pprune would read your post and think you are involved in the conduct of such a course and fishing for some feeling about it from the aviation community. If not - this topic has been done on pprune many times - have a search around on this site (among others) - there are a large number of threads which pop up when searching "psychometric" in this forum alone.

When you refer to Psychometric Testing, I assume (by your "OZ" profile) that you refer to the Qantas Psychometric Testing or similar. I believe Farmer 1 and VH-Cheer Up are either setting you up for failure or have a different idea of what Psychometric Testing involves.

I feel compelled (just in case you really need help) to give you the link to an example of the Qantas Psychometric Testing on the Qantas website:

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...ent/QTests.pdf

Farmer1 and VH-CU offer good advice when saying answer the behavioural questions candidly and honestly. I agree that there isn't much prep that can be done for that area. This is just one of several areas, however, in your typical Psychometric Test. You would benefit greatly by doing lots of preparation in these other areas. How you do that is up to you. Get some help from contacts who have been through themselves or perhaps one of the courses you asked about may be of use.

Doesn't matter how you do it, but don't be fooled into believing you can get through without any serious prep.

Cheers,

VI