PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan!
Thread: FlyGlobeSpan!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 17:23
iain8867

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Honeytruck

In a way I do agree, when you lookk at some of the tasks they are of you at an airline interview, it does seem a bit strange. I often thought about how silly it seemed, other than seeing how us in the group could work as a tea. After thinking about it I then, and I could be wrong, started seeing it in a different light.

Working in a aircraft is an artificial enviroment and the onus on the crew is the safety of the passengers. Side lines being service. If you think about all the different things that you can be faced with, from a simple faint to heart attack from a precautionary landing to an unplanned emergency ditching. These are all enviroments that may require thinking outside of the box and most airlines will say they can only give you guide lines on a perfect situation.

So if during the interview they take you and place you in a situation, for example sitting you on the floor to make something with lego or asking you to build the tallest tower you can using a few pieces of A4 and 6 paper clips. they are seeing how you react to an unfamilliar situation, working in a team and how you can encourage envolvement. Probably how you approach the problem given to you, if you look at it as silly then it will come across! If you approach it as "OK lets see what we can do here" then you may come over as a person who will not be thrown off course if something happens on an aircraft!

These are only my views after seeing the different types of interview techniques I have been part of. As I said earlier I could be wrong, but do you really think that they are going to sit you on the floor to play with lego and not get an idea of the sort of person you are?

cbncrw

I know what you mean, I have always said to people I know who are going for CC interviews if you are female put your hair up or tie it back and if you are a guy make sure it is not on your collar, moat airlines have that in their uniform guidelines and as they say "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression"

Iain