PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are the best controllers in the world and the worst ?
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 13:35
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A-NS-A: I'm so wet behind the ears that the recording does not even sound funny to me.
I witnessed an impressive trick flying a certain charter leg in between Bucuresti and Luxembourg. Our NAV department did not probably have enough time to fine tune the routing for that day. Approaching Salzburg I realised that flying westerly through Switzerland to France and up north to LUX did not seem like the shortest of options. But who am I to judge CDR2/3 FUA. Transferred to Munich, we inquired and later went via Karlsruhe / The German Corner. I must have had blushed when I needed them to spell a waypoint name later on, which turned to be IAF to LUX, some 400 NM away.
Not only did they manage to shave 15 minutes off our remaing 65' flying time, but taking an A/C out of one country's airspace, putting it direct to another country's airspace while avoiding the whole of Switzerland during the process left me speachless for quite some time.
Needless to say, I feel the most exquisite work is never appreciated by us just because we do not realise. Which surely is the icing on top.
Thanks,
FD (the un-real)