PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe to aquire BA Connect. Crew thread. (No Spotters)-(Part 2)
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 09:33
The Little Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Per Ardua ad Fryingpan

Having come to terms with the idea of some sort of seniority adjustment, and also with the idea that this whole merger may mean less chance of a 195 for some of us, having grudgingly accepted that maybe eventually it will benefit all of us, I'm beginning to think again.
I sympathise hugely with Cutoff and co , but really, looking at the plans, looking at the mess this appears to be turning into, and now looking at how IC and BW in particular have started to behave - coupled with the point that rhythm method has made,
What I would be most worried about if I was remaining with flybe/bacon, is that quite a few current Bacon 'managers' have already been pencilled in for the post-merger 'new-flybe'!!!
I have to wonder if this is all a workable idea. Somehow, we seem to have been allocated some real duffers of managers that I know all too well, and who have been involved in some Kilimanjaro sized cockups!!!! when with BACON and its predecessors. I just wonder if Flybe REALLY needs this forced expansion - if the deal fell through, then who would pick up the bits of BACON RIND on the floor - I can't think of an organisation big enough. More, if the deal DOES go through, and we have Bacon Rasher influence in many more middle and senior management positions, we could all be facing yet ANOTHER rerun of the last six years of BRAL/BACX/BACON/RASHER. I couldn't go through all that again. Flybe have turned the corner anyway, perhaps, as I recall the great TRPL saying many times..."What we need is a period of consolidation"... of course we never got that, and look where we all ended up - some of us, me included, got fed up and left, and now it's all coming back to haunt us!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sympathise deeply and genuinely with all you Rashers, and would not like to see bits of rind fall onto the floor in the journey between frying pan and dustbin - however, altruism apart, me and mine come first! If we don't get some coherent plan, with everyone on board, and NO MORE BACON MANAGERS, then my vote is to consign the idea to the dustbin of Aviation History. And then throw Tim de la Fosse, Hutchings, Evans and Witts, along with Phelan and Deacon in before the lid is welded shut!

If you have a silken purse of sorts (or at least a profitable one), attaching a Sow's Ear, (A BACON Sowarny ) won't help.