PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS safety deficiency and the AIPA, AFAP and GAPAN
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 00:09
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you will say, in your fundamentalist way, that we should do all things that improve safety.
fundamentalism
–noun 1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism and that stresses the infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming.
2. the beliefs held by those in this movement.
3. strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles: the fundamentalism of the extreme conservatives.
... I do not deal in beliefs rather facts, other than that, the difference (in the context of fundamentalism) between you and I is what exactly? ... I can think of one, I do not need to make feable attempts to belittle you by calling you a fundamentalist!
Back to the discussion … you seem to be incapable of reading … I am saying that (finite) money should be spent where it is most effective!
I agree.
I beg to differ!
But if you are going to have the air passenger pay for this level of safety, once the costs are too high people will either decide or be forced to travel by other means, or not travel at all.
.. where in any of the opinions on this or airspace safety issues in general have I supported safety systems that cost so much that the costs are too high people will either decide or be forced to travel by other means, or not travel at all. … it is you who are advocating TCAS for smaller aircraft who operate where many other aircraft will not be seen by TCAS!
… are you going to address anything put forward in this or the other thread or just continue with the empty rhetoric?