PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Training (EFT)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 21:32
Justine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - Please bear in mind that I wasn't the one actually learning to fly.

Here we go
He signed up for the APP
Did his PPL, Night rating and something else (can't remember what). He then did his ATPLs via distance learning with Bristol GS, staying in Fl to study and do a little bit of hour building , flying back to the UK for the intensive bit of the course and exams.
He then did his ME/IR between FL and then Shoreham (now at Bournemouth)
Then the FI course.
Due to many circumstances we then came back to the UK and he did his FI exam here and works here as an instructor.
The circumstances were purely personal, things like wanting our daughter to go to school here and not in the US.

All the way through EFT were very up front and honest about costs. He was happy with the instruction he received.
It was a bit more expensive than we had planned, but the costs quoted are for minimum hours and don't take exam fees into account.
We were there during the hurricanes and while alot of damage occurred, they began repairs very quickly and have managed to improve the situation with more briefing rooms and better IT etc.

I can't tell you anything about the accommodation they now use as I believe thay are using the old Pan Am facilities now which are on the airport itself.
We rented a small house in Vero while there which was very affordable compared to rents here. There is alot of rented accom available out there, so people do have a choice. If they are still using the shared housing in Vero for students it was OK, not great, just OK.

You will need a car, so if you don't take their arrangements you will need to either buy or privately hire a car. We bought a car as we were there as a family, took drivers tests etc. (Added adavantage as if you have a Florida lisence you get discounts at places like disney)

As I say I can't tell you a whole lot about the school itself, just generalities, but if anyone wants any other info about the location or anything I will try to answer the best I can