PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 20:30
finding_nema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had my interview on Monday at the airport, the building work seemed to be coming along very well. The terminal from where Caffe Ritazza is, all the way to the entrance to Central Search had new beige tiles down, the new World News shop which will eventually be in the departure lounge was open for business, and Boots had closed down waiting for their move airside. The bus interchange area's external features seem to now be complete, it looks very stylish, all big windows and metallic panels, but the area is still currently fenced off. My understanding is that this will be the new area for the information desk, Spar, Costa Coffee and the bus interchange is a nice way of saying a seating area with views of the bus stops. I believe that where the current bus stops are in front of the arrivals exit will now be used for the car park shuttles.

Interesting news about the new pier, where is the new escalator going? Will it be by the Three Cities Bar at the end of the current concourse? Presumably inside it's just toilets, podiums and seating - as opposed to any retail space.