PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - multiflight lba
Thread: multiflight lba
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 15:03
Expat Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multiflight

Hey,

I have also checked out Multiflight a few times. I agree that they seem very good/professional and have a good selection of aircraft from which to choose. Training at Leeds/Bradford would also give great experience in terms of operating from a pretty busy international airport. The down side to Leeds Bradford seems to be the high fees - make sure you factor these costs into training. (although as far as I remember Multiflight use a nearby airfield for circuits). *please correct me if I am wrong on this*

I did the first 10 hours or so of my PPL at Blackpool and found the occasionally heavy amounts of traffic a great experience builder. Having 737s, a large amount of helos, King Airs, the occasional bizjet, and microlights around as well as all the usual GA really built up my lookout and radio skills in a very short time (calling late downwind, managing checks and busy radios etc.) From what I have heard you would also get a lot of cross wind landing experience at Leeds... So Leeds Bradford is certainly an attractive base from those points of view. However, I made up my mind to use another FTO about 40 mins east of Leeds due to the fees issue (flying circuits cost me a lot of £££s at Blackpool @ £6 per landing and LBA is £12 per landing for a PA28 - although as I said I think Multiflight do circuits somewhere nearby and I don't know the details of how much this is per landing).

I'll possibly go back to Multiflight at a later date for CPL/IR if I decide to head that way.

PM if you need more info.

EF.

BTW - has anyone done the CPL/IR either piece by piece or as a modular package with Multiflight?