PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - trainee salaries
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 13:08
Fidgell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INCA9, I actually DO know 2 famillies living on that kind of income and theyre much better financial planners than some of the controllers I work with!!!
Just tell me one thing... WHY should NATS pay trainees at all? You say they (Im guessing that means you?) should be "rewarded" from day 1?! Rewarded for what exactly? Being offered a place on one of the most sought after and over subscribed training courses in the country? For having the earning potential to top 99% of similarly qualified people in the country?
Dont worry though, most who dont have the aptitude wont actually get to the 10k as that means being there a whole year successfully!!!
Its a hard course, but a worthwhile one and 9 months of careful financial planning and hard work will set you up FOR LIFE..... unlike 4 yrs of Uni on nothing and with no guarantee of ANY job at the end never mind the earning potential and job security NATS provides... But heck if you need further reward than that and want to complain... Be a farmer!!!