PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Degree Courses with Aviation Studies (Leeds, Liverpool, London Metropolitan etc)
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 12:25
KKM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don Simon, I understand your concerns about investing time and money into a degree course, however you are totally ill informed.

I completed the course at City University in June 2004 having attended university for 2 years and 1 year at flight training school. I was lucky enough to have a job in August the same year. I now fly both short and long haul operating 757 and 767.

The course at City was not only demanding, thought provoking, interesting but personally has provided me with a great platform to enter the industry.

At airline interviews, my degree at City was perceived to be highly advantageous whilst also allowing better responses to many business type questions i was asked. Now within the airline industry it still provides great background to many of the tasks and problems i have to deal with regularly.

City University undoubtably provided the best 2 years of my life, its a great place to study and live, money well spent i would say.

If you would like to get in touch or have any qu's about the course, please feel free to email.