PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue to place 7 firm orders for B777-300ER's & 6 options
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 11:33
Capt Basil Brush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually atiuta, I saw your post before you edited it - and your case is still weak. Plus, you still have not answered any of my questions.

Comprehension is obviously not one of your stronger points is it?

From what I have heard (and I take it back if its not true, and you can stay where you are, or join as a FO) is that J* believe they will not be able to crew all their 787's when they arrive - ie EK pilots will not be taking anyone's job if they join J* in this case. Perhaps someone from J* could enlighten us with more of the facts - and whether or not they would welcome you guys with open arms like you expect VB pilots to?

The 99% figure I mentioned was a guess, it does not mean that 100+ VB pilots have gone to EK as you have alluded to. A % does not have to = 100 all the time. I think the numbers are actually close to 16 VB pilots (over the last couple of years) of which 3 were 737 Capts, and NONE as DEC. As to who else is being interviewed, you are correct I dont know who they are, or whether they are going for DEC.

You mention credibility ("chum" - that also says a bit more about yourself) I suggest you have a good long hard look at yourself, before you have a go at other peoples credibility. I am glad you dont want my job - and I definately dont want yours! That makes us even.

Oh, and one last thing, I dont get wound up. So bad luck on that one.