PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - dispatch?
Thread: dispatch?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2007, 06:01
togs737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dispatch?

Hello,

What does dispatch do? When? etc. Could someone please give me a flow on how everything works, e.g. from the time the flight crew walk into the company building to when they land - what does the dispatcher co-ordinate with them inflight/on the ground.

Also, I am part of a virtual airline that is trying to become the most realistic around. Thats right! There is such thing as a 'virtual airline' if you haven't heard about it already. This one, and many others utilise PC flight simulators combined with an online ATC network to provide realism...we are trying to take that next step, hence why I asked the dispatch question.

I might be pushing my luck here, but if you are a real dispatcher, or know alot about dispatch and have an interest in this virtual airline 'stuff', please help! I would encourage anyone as our operations will be very similar to real world and to have a real world member in our virtual organisation would be a plus!!!!

We operate in Australia.

Thanks very much for reading, and any help in advance.
If you are interested in the virtual airline position please give me a pm (theres not much work in this VA as everything is structured as in real life, so you ONLY do a dispatch job, not admin and everything else under the sun).

Cheers,
Togs