PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan!
Thread: FlyGlobeSpan!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 21:01
highlifeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I attended the interview in Manchester and I just felt they were affraid of taken on "The Right People" I mean people with loads of experience as cabin crew (ARE WE A THREAT).....

Now with the airline being a NEWISH airline you would think they would want people with a fair bit of experience to give there customers a great service first time round whilst onboard.... Lets face it all new airlines need repeat business....

Now on the day I turn up at the hotel to meet 2 lovley ladies from BA and a very smart lady from Emirates who has come to the UK for the interview..

We then line up and take it in turns to give our details, during this the only words spoken to you are " PASSPORT AND PHOTOS PLEASE " and then you take your seat behind a table....

My 3 lady friends have all flown for approx 9 years each and lets face it the BA and Emirates service in any class is far superior to the Low Fares airlines...... There was even a guy who was a Cabin Crew Trainer for a far better airline but just wanted to get back upto the north

Now they start off by introducing themselves which is how it should be, however I am alarmed at how the majority of the recruiters have VERY little experience ie 3 or 4 years doing seasonal contracts as MAIN CREW.... These are the people "JUDGING" you on if you can do a job or not that you have already been doing for 9 years prior to this lol WHAT A JOKE!!!!

They then give you 2 Exams which if you have a single brain cell can pass easily.... Whilst they mark this in a corner your sent out to wait... No Tea or Coffee may I add You then come back in and have to do an exercise which involves trying to balance 12 nails on top of each other Your then told to go back outside whilst they decide on who they want to take through to the 1 2 1 interviews.....

So lets recap

NO one talks to you apart from asking for your passport and photos, you then listen to them try and boast about the company, then is the 2 exams and then a rediculous exercise not even worthy of BLUE PETER.... then your sent out to be judge and then brought back in for D DAY....

All the crew with loads of experience were told they were not sucessful!!!! How can they come to this conclusion the exams were that easy my 7 year old brother could pass it. No one can be arsed to try and talk to you even at break times.. So that must mean if you cant balance nails you cant be FLYGLOBESPAN crew even though we have been serving passengers in first class seats that have paid roughly £6000 for their flight for nearly 10 years....Im sure crew are adaptable enough to be able to serve a crap butty and a cup of soup....

I would really love to know what there interview scoring system is just out interest....

Anyway if you think this is the AIRLINE FOR YOU then go for it

Good luck to you all