PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA IREX tips required
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 19:51
helopat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure, not a problem,

FIrst is (you already got this one) do the Bob Tait book cover to cover. Big one is just getting back to understanding fixed card ADF (which hardly exists in my world anymore)...that was a HUGE help.

Next, I called a flight school at camden airport (NSW) and chatted with the boss about some tuition for IREX (this was recommended to me by a friend)...now, as I can't advertise online (moderators?) I won't mention the name of the bloke or the business, but if you PM me, I'm happy to let you know. He sent me some single subject papers and then some practice exams. Finally spent a day up in Camden sitting practices and that did the trick...he debriefed me on all the problems I had and only charged me for the time he ACTUALLY spent with me (as opposed to charging me for the e-tests, and the time I was sitting in his briefing room doing the exams...suggest that you'd want to confirm with him whether this is still the case. In any case, got a 94% first time round, so, in my mind, a very good investiment of time and money...I'm absolutely sure you don't need to do a $2500 course to pass this...just put in some elbow grease and follow the simple steps...hope to hear from you gentlemen.

HP