PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 17:02
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Captain Buck:
Aero receive security threats from people nearly everyday. That statement on the Aussie Embassey website has been there for a good 6 months or so.

NEO:
Errr..... The Control Risks person employed by CHC lived with us on the Areta compound, not somewhere else, he should be back here a couple of weeks before elections to see how his changes are working. He was, impressed with how quickly his suggestions have been implemented, and by the fact that the company supported his recommendations with no whinging, all the way back to and including Vancouver. Thankyou Control Risks for sending us a guy who gave us the lowdown on what the real risks are.

And what did the Control Risks guy say was at the top of his list of things to watch for in Nigeria????? Avian bird flu. He reckons that is going to be like armageddon here at some point.

While I don't feel as safe here as I do in my home country, I do feel that adequate precautions are being taken to minimise my exposure to risk. Be aware of your surroundings, and always have an exit strategy. The SMS warning system introduced by CHC seems to be working well. All new hires are given a SIM card, gratis, so that they can be warned of trouble areas to avoid. Another system implemented by Control Risks.