PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need some Guinea Pigs to test new PPRuNe PPRUNE BULLETIN BOARD
Old 10th Mar 2002, 17:48
Just an other number
Just an other digit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First things first - it won't let me log on - I've tried logging out from here then trying to log on there - no joy. I've made sure I'm using the same user name and password. No joy.. .Next - Yeah OK if this is what you want to do Danny, but please - . .1 Tone down the colours - they are a bit harsh.. .2 No ratings please - it just leads, as you know, to people playing games, multiple voting, and does not really indicate the interest quotient of a thread. Admin Guru would get a fairly diabolical rating but he does not lack for interest.. .3 'Number of views' only really gives an indication of whether the thread title looks interesting or, to a lesser extent, of whether the poster is interesting. In any case I suspect that what people are looking for is the number of responses. This indicates whether a thread is dead in the water or is good enough to get people thinking and answering.. .For example - start a thread called 'Free sex for pilots' with a totally boring post - you'll have hordes of views - no posts. Quite a waste of time.. .4 Finally - could someone please post the rules for Mornington Crescent? Please?. .. .Rory