PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAVE MONEY, Use Vista Update instead of the 'full' version
Old 21st Feb 2007, 14:08
Inverted81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
I bought the home premium upgrade the other week, to update an authentic XP installation.
I had read many a forum about the pro's and cons of the new OS, but decided to go for it anyway. either way i could always reverse the installation if all went tits up.
After 2 weeks of use, i can honestly say that my pc has not been more stable, and how shall we say, responsive. I am by no means an expert but what i can gather, is that the system i.e. the OS now uses more of the system RAM to run the OS. This in turn allows windows to load up its own progs and apps, MUCH more quickly. With regard to other software, all i use usually is a heavily customised FS2004. Again, all running fine, if not better.
Only issues i have had has been with my soundcard manufacturer CREATIVE who haven't bothered to release a public release set of drivers that actually work with VISTA. They have had nearly 5 years to come up with something but hey ho.