PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lee on Solent, beginning of the end
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2007, 12:46
FBS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having sat through planning meetings where a member of the committee has said "Oh I don't understand plans" and one where the head of town planning has openly lied about a conversation I had with him and seen just how apparently bent they can be nothing surprises me.

A couple of years ago there was a piece in the Portsmouth Evening News about how Fareham wanted to develop Lee as a regional airport. This, in my view, was nothing more than an attempt to polarise public opinon against the airfield.

As it is the area is unable to support the development as the infrastructure does not exist. You only have to try to drive in the area, at rush hour it approaches gridlock.

Lee could be a truly great GA airfield with clear approaches on both sides. What is happening to it is almost criminal. What is that fence all about? The Navy had it fenced for years, why another inside the airfield?

And Chester's fixed wing aeroplane, have they started selling off Hawarden bit by bit yet? Seen any blue fences? It might just be a matter of time.

Just like Lee.

Five years.

Order your house now, you might get discount!