PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best mail client
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2002, 09:09
Feline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH66 - Sorry for delay in responding. Eudora handles multiple accounts very easily by setting up different personalities - it automatically checks all three of my current accounts every time I check mail. One account is designated as the "dominant" account. (I don't think this available in the "lite" version).. .I don't use it to check any web-based mail accounts, and to be frank, I will need to check that one out. . .It allows one to choose POP or IMAP for the incoming server, but you must have access to an SMTP server in order to send mail.. .I'm not an expert on any of the Microsoft mail clients, so it's a bit difficult to provide you with a comprehensive list of benefits. But it's very easy to set up different folders for different topics, and Eudora has very powerful filtering facilities so that incoming mail can be filed directly into a specific folder (including the Trash). Another benefit is that most viruses are set up to look for a Microsoft address book - they don't look for a Eudora address book - so one is saved the embarrassment of distributing viruses to everyone in your address book.. .It's also quite easy to transfer one's e-mail account to another machine by simply copying two files per mail folder to the new system (there is a "content" file and a "Table of Contents" file per folder).. .I have it set up to use three panes - list of folders on the lefthand side, list of messages top pane righthand side, and content of selected message lower pane righthand side. The "sponsored" version that I use (which is free) places a small ad at the lefthand side of the screen (below the list of folders). . .. .Hope that helps.