PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 21:10
r.s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think call bells should be reserved for emergencys only. Pressing it because you fancy another gin is pure laziness! Fair enough if you're sat in the window seat with two sleeping strangers next to you and you're parched, but when you're sat directly behind a water fountain, and you press your call bell for a glass of water...

I answered a call bell the other day where the guy asked for a glass of water, I went and got it and mentioned there was a water fountain directly in front of the bulkhead he was sitting at so if he wanted any more water he could fill his cup up. He told me he knew there was a water fountain there - he couldn't be bothered to get it himself!!! That's what I was there for!!!

On a trip to the lovely Barbados, a very lovely man pressed his call bell to demand I completed his immigration and customs forms for him. When I said I wouldn't, because I didn't know his name, address etc, I didn't have a clue what he was taking into the country with him, it was probably illegal, he went mental and demanded to see the supervisor. Along he came and when Mr Lovely ranted at him too, he told him he didn't have time to listen to any more of his grief because he had to go and complete his own customs form!! Mr Lovely did not have a lovely look on his face after that.

Some days you really love your job.

With regards to thick passenger comments, I've had so many.

"I know this plane is due to land at LHR, but I need to make my way to LGW once we've landed and don't know how to get there. Do you think the captain would mind quickly dropping me off?"

Of course not. It's no bother.

Midflight over the atlantic - "My son wants to visit the pilots in the cockpit". Sorry sir, but nobody is allowed to visit the flight deck any more. "Why not???" Well sir, in the climate we live in these rules have had to be put in place. "DOES MY SIX YEAR OLD SON LOOK LIKE A TERRORIST TO YOU?!?!?"

He actually shouted at the top of his voice at me! Incredible.

My current favourite from a new yorker coming back to London from JFK. "I've left my book in my bag, would you get it for me?" Me thinking their bag was in the overhead said of course, and I aksed which bag was their's. I was then handed the receipt thing you get for your checked bag. This passenger seemed to be under the impression all you have to do is nip down a flight of stairs to the hold... Anyway, when I said no, I was unable to get their book for them FROM THE HOLD, they went mad demanding to know why I said I could in the first place!

Whatever.

Rant over

My