PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seajet XZ439 (N94422)
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 18:10
Art Nalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have several airshows that have expressed desire to have the SHAR displayed and haven't balked at the price. Until a sponsor picks up the tab, I have to cover expenses myself. We firmly believe that once it flies, we'll have demand exceed supply and hopefully a sponsor will want his name on it. It won't be a problem to display the SHAR.

As for paint scheme, that is TBD. It's a British Fighter (the last, all British Fighter) ending a line that started with the Sopwith's of WWI. It will either be in some form of UK livery or whatever the sponsor wants - if it's reasonable. It is inappropriate to paint it in USMC colors, so it won't. I'd like to see some UK-Heritgage flight in formation with a Sopwith, Spitfire and SHAR. How does that sound?

I personally prefer the Admiral's Barge livery (dark blue with white underside) used just prior to the official retirement in the UK. However, the photographers hate dark blue or black. At a distance, they photograph as a dark blob. We'll see.

As a FYI, we've solved the thread problem for the nose gear liquid spring servicing adapter. Thanks to many who have helped research the actual thread type and to locate suitable dies. We now can get on with the game.