PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Pay
Thread: Flying Pay
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2007, 09:48
bpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Chance

Hi there,

Not here to winge, just to explain what happened to me.

I started IOT april 03 as a DE. For the next 3 years I was told i was getting flying pay 72 weeks after starting flying training. As I went through APO, Plt Off, Fg Off etc i received the same latter saying nothing had changed. On applying for FP i was told i was not able to for the reasons you outlined. On investigation, the AP was not amended until July of that year then retrospectively applied. 2 of us pushed through a redress. At all times i was informed that as an officer i should keep my self up to date with the AP and i shouldnt have to be informed of the change. This maybe however, I was employed by the Air Force before this change took effect.

On calculation I will be £45,000 behind my mates that i graduated with by the end of my PC. For me, in the fast jet stream just finishing AFJT, Its nearly 6 years from starting IOT to receiving flying pay. Those guys on multis are getting in many years sooner. Somehow seems unfair however an air force redress through it back at me with out really answering the question i asked, being that if i was on IOT before the new scheme was introduced into the AP, why am i on the new system when for the graduates they moved the date to july to account for the delay in amending the AP.

Not intended as a moan, but it just seemed you were in a similar circumstance. Im not taking it any further, its gone as high as I am willing to take it with out sticking my head up. 2 2stars have told me where to go so hint taken!

Hope it helps!