PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS safety deficiency and the AIPA, AFAP and GAPAN
Old 19th Feb 2007, 20:41
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, you're absolutely correct that TCAS II with change 7, is a wonderful device that gives excellent, accurate results in todays working environment.

Nobody disputes this, and your responses are leaving me slightly bewildered.

Your background as both an innovator, inventor, businessman and entrepreneur, together with your time in public service as CASA Chairman, would have left me to believe that you would be "pushing" the next big thing. You may or may not believe that ADS-B is "it", but we need to think about the doubling of air traffic in the next 15 years or so.

There have been many PPruners on these boards that have been critical of me in the support I have had for you, but like I keep saying to them...as well as to you; the answer is in the middle.

If such an electronic system could be built that accomodates both present and future technologies there would be beneficiaries to such a policy that would make regulators, controllers, aircraft owners and pilots all quite happy with the outcome.