PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2007, 16:52
Captain Buck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um,

Hm, maybe you need to get out a bit more (difficult I guess if all you guys are on lockdown) and read some of the posts on the Military forum before you make pronouncements about how military guys would be in chokey. Are you still in the military by any chance?

Here's what the Australian government has had to say on its website (for at least 9 months) about at least one of the companies being mentioned:
Security has been increased at airports in the south of the country due to threats to oil and gas industry related flights. This includes flights operating between Owerri, Warri and Lagos. Recent credible reporting indicates a potential terrorist threat against the Nigerian Aero Contractors airline.

Maybe these 2 airheads are just fed up because they have had no response from their companies form what they feel to be very real concerns. I know that if I were out there right now and my company was ignoring my concerns about safety and security, I'd be pretty darned annoyed too and just maybe, airing those concerns here might get them to do something about it and make other folks think twice before commiting themselves to going to Nigeria until something is done. Neither of them actually seems to have actually said much of anything specific, except about building hangars or medical facilities and I'd guess a lot of that must either be pretty obvious or on the public domain anyway.

I've never worked for any company presently in Nigeria and I don't think I'd much like to be there right now, but for all of you that are, I hope you stay safe and remember that loo slips ink ships - or somthing like that.