PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinese written test...
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2007, 09:43
2RR's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Chinese written exam

Dear Sander82,
I don't want to frighten you, but I had a database of about 8000 questions available. I went through about 4000 of them but actually there were only about 1000 really different questions. So I expected to see about 60 to 80 familiar questions during the exam. Actually I found only 10 questions I have seen before....

As fas as I know the test had been changed one week before I did the exam last October.

About 40% of the questions require reading of graphs, quite easy, not tricky but time consuming. About 10 questions were in Mandarin, so I ticked the answers according the common rule 'choose the longest answer'.

Another 5 or so questions were about Chinese law. I had never seen the respective regulations before (e.g. are white tail airplanes allowed under CAAR)?

We were about 20 people during the exam, 12 failed, 8 passed, 7 of them were expats, one was Chinese, doing the exam the second time. All expats were highly experienced (age >50, >17000hrs) and all of us agreed that the exam can only be passed with a good general knowledge, good common sense and good knowledge of FARs.

Cheating is impossible, no personal objects - not even calculators - are allowed. We had about 12 surveillance cameras in the exam room. If they catch you while cheating you will be excluded from further exams for 1 year.

You can do it! Good luck!

Last edited by 2RR's; 19th Feb 2007 at 10:12. Reason: typing errors