PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 22:55
Ranger1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
News Papers!

Well as far as I can tell it is a good move all round! Not sure how it will all play at the end of the day as far as job loses go.

I can't buy all the rubbish in the papers, several years ago according to them and a few pundits on here I would be working for someone else now! Well still here. According to the papers TCX was buying FC last week now it appears they did not even look at the books. MYT spent four or five weeks looking at the books and walked away. Now we are in a merger with TCX.

All I can say is the future is bright! Thank god we will get rid of that terrible name and color scheme!

I have no doubt FC will be fine and suspect another merger or take over will occur in the next year or so! Uncertain times for staff in TCX and MYT but it had to happen and is a far better option for both groups than buying part of FC.

As to this being a take over or merger I really dont think it matters but it is a merger as fars as I can see. TCX is not a listed company in the UK, both operations are being merged into the new company. The name is a good choice!