PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bundle Branch Block and Class 1!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 22:41
Paultuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bundle Branch Block and Class 1!!!

Hi all,

I hope someone could give me a bit of help / guidance.

A few years ago i went to my local AME and got poked and podded and left his practice with a Class 2. All went ok during the examination until the ECG. He said hmmm and moved sensors etc and went hmmm again and said i might have LBBB or RBBB (I can't recall which one he said at the time) but i remember him saying you definitely wont fly commercial. At that moment i was a it worried but he said if you had it at birth (how the hell would i know??) then don't worry about it and carry on with life etc.

I passed my PPL last year and have seriously been thinking about trying for my Class 1 Initial at Gatwick and carrying on to get my CPL (Medical permitting obviously). I have been reading up on both left and right conditions on the net etc and i really do wish i could find out exactly what i have and if it affects my possible career chances in airtravel.

Sorry to babble on but what i really want to know is:

1. When i goto Gatwick do i tell them straight away i might possibly have LBBB or RBBB?

2. Is there anyone out there with a Class 1 and LBBB / RBBB?

3. If so how does it affect your career? Constant medical tests etc??

I would greatly apreciate any feedback on this, and i feel this is the best place to start off!

P.S I excercise regularly, Do not smoke, drink carefully, watch what i eat and have never had any problems with my heart at all. Oh also my original AME has since retired so i cant go back and ask hime what i had!!!

Thanks in advance guys. Safe Landings!!

Paul T - UK