PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon VS Rafale?
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 22:32
TMor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ErgoMonkey, you're true to remind us what the Typhoon pit is made of.
But don't believe I intended to prove that it's just crap.
I just wanted to comment the Jackonicko opinion (with no offense) and maybe bring some information.
Maybe I should add these data for the Rafale :
-30x22° degrees HUD wich become the main navigation tool. FLIR view superposable
-LHD (middle) 20x20°, collimated to infinity, so as to ensure the eye won't have to accomodate when the pilot was watching through the HUD just before. Used for SA, "divine view", as well as missile envelop information...
-side screens for systems... no keys around, as these are touchscreens to save place (and have greater screens)...
-all of this fully compatible with NVG
-HOTAS with up to 37 functions (switches, buttons and trackballs). It is said that Dassault pretend to be the inventors of the HOTAS concept (in French 3M "Main sur Manette et Manche").
-Contrary to what is often said, the lateral stick has a slite movement (not like the F-16)...
-the 29° inclined seat allow the pilot to cope with 2 additional Gs compared to a classicaly inclined seat (Mirage 2000), wich is much less tiring.
-DVI fully ready for foreign customer (not used on French aircraft to save money).
-HMS for F3 standard.
A truly great cockpit too !
No doubt that the engineers made their best, for both planes.