PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - She wants EK he Doesn't
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2007, 10:37
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He doesn't HAVE to sell his house when he comes to Dubai. He could do what many of us do and get someone to pay his mortgage while EK provides his villa. That's a big amount of extra cash in HIS pocket. The equity stays in the house regardless of the country you live in! And yes, tolls are coming...........as they are in UK. And then there's tax on car insurance, road tax, cost of petrol, Cars themselves 20-40% more, tax on personal health schemes,VAT, yet more tax on the savings you may be left with after paying your 40% and it goes on. 3 years ago it cost over £8 just to take my son swimming for an hour. An hour! Jeeze, not much more than that gets a months EPC membership. When Brown makes it to No.10, it WILL get worse. Hard to believe I know. As regards to national pension, retire back in UK and avail of the deteriorating health service. Or claim your state pension abroad. If it's still going by then!

I know guys are pissed off here but whichever way I do the sums, There is always more going into the piggy bank here than there ever was in UK.
Keep the UK investments looking after themselves and balance with Dollar pay/investments here. It may be weak now but historically it will come back.

Also, not planning to use Provident fund as full pension but in addition to other investments. Unlike money purchase schemes in UK, the fund provides a cash payment. A sum which is not then reduced instantly to a mere 7% of its value ( if your lucky) and drip fed every year. And when you snuff it before the missus, she then get's only half. Disgusting rip off. People who don't use the C fund and complain about it's performance while out on their boats or spending 700 dhs a go every Friday brunch should look at their priorities.

Having said all that, 100k and a final salary pension with a secure Charter Company is a good deal and he needs to think long and hard. Just his Wife wanting it could be a recipe for disaster. The interview may well pick that up and make the decision for him.