PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 19:52
xtypeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Routes

Its good to see support for CWL Flower and TA. Heres another thought to ponder. If an airport gets a dominate airline EZY RYR or the like it could damp off interest CWL has attracted several different airlines a good case of not all your eggs in one basket. Flybe are trying BHD and may well look at other routes but only using a Dash 8 that limits the oportunitys (sorry guys do not know the performance of a Q400). Airlines have to plan well in advance for any new route. I start this week planning slots for winter 07 and the airline i am currently with already have an outline timetable for summer 08 as well. Operating between point A and B is a culmination of a lot of elements. A/c crew maintenance slots marketing etc etc.... If an operator is going to start ORY this summer then slots have just been finalised. As per Bmed this could be a holding route. Flybe some years ago operated an EXT-LGW twice daily with a Navajo just to hold the slots. Slots at major airports are worth a lot especially at peak times i hark back to Air Wales operation into CDG this was using a Bmi mainline slot that was avaliable at the time. CWL airport long live the wish list keep up the improvments and you never no what may happen!

Continued: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...73#post3132073