PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFT vs CABAR vs OAT.
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 18:32
early_bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again,
So basically I'd have a better chance of going with either OAT or Cabair if I am to maximize my chances of getting employed with low hours?

This is probably going to sound strange to most of you but here goes.

My Govt. has awarded me this sponsorship on the basis that an airport will have been built in my country, actually it's a very small tropical Island in the middle of the South Atlantic, by the year 2012. They are also working on having me employed by the operator/ airline which will eventually serve the Island - I cannot say which airline as there is currently a short-list and my employment is therefore likely to still in the early stages of negotiations.

I've been awarded a 'Delayed Bond' in that I will be free to seek employment in the UK or elsewhere until around 2012 as my 'skills' will be of no use to me on the island until said time arrives. Routes are likely to include South Africa, UK, Europe etc depending on which operator gets the contract.

The airport will only have provisions for an aircraft of around B737 size, so hops will be the order of the day, although at least one operator has expressed interest in using aircraft with extended rang to allow direct flights to the UK.

As mentioned earlier, I have been given a 'choice' of these three FTOs. I cannot attend WAAC as the bulk of my training has to be done in the UK. I cannot attend FTE for the same reasons as well as I haven't got the necessary quals required for entry i.e. one A-level, three AS-levels etc. I'm not stupid; there's only one secondary school and they are severely under staffed hence I could only take a single A-level. No, really!

I'll have to look into which of the above FTOs provide the most multi hours.

Thanks again guys,
I really do appreciate it
Take care, EB