PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - chc nigeria
Thread: chc nigeria
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 13:12
unstable load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spent over 6 years there, but to be fair, left almost 3 years ago before things got really unpleasent there.

I found the place (Nigeria) to be really hard work from the point of view of dealing with the nationals. The police are corrupt to the core and will try their luck as often as they can, and the guys you work (both nationals and expats) with will with some exceptions be more interested in dropping you in the 5h1t and playing politics than fixing/ flying helicopters.

Bear in mind also that the comments you will read/hear are often from the point of view of guys that are unhappy, insecure etc with their lot and thus will be rather alarmist/negative.

I know there are issues with the proposed new accomodation in PH but it was too long ago that I was in PH to remember where it is and the exact issues are as such unknown to me aside from what I have read in this forum.

Like Bravo73 says though,

BEST OF LUCK old son, you will need a large dose of patience, thick rose tinted spectacles and a well developed sense of humour if you want to avoid being ground up by the mill and spat out.
My advice will be to stay out of the various factions and groups and don't get sucked into the different arguments until you have seen the various points of view for yourself and made up your own mind.

You could actually enjoy it there, but it takes a lot out of you if you let it get to you.