PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to now for Australian Helicopters Pty Ltd?
Old 17th Feb 2007, 11:37
noexcessivecranking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strong stuff. Good to see that libel and personal attacks are still okay here.

Do any of you actually work at AH, or is it that you applied but got knocked back, or that the company you work for missed out on a contract they got?

Can you think of any other Australian-owned company who would have been able at the time to go head to head with a huge foreign-owned company and win a big contract like the Adelaide one, and others?

Do you have any idea why the Gove contract went to Helicopters Australia? I don't, I've got nothing to do with either company, but do YOU know? Are YOU close enough to either company to have intimate knowledge of the contract negotiations? I've worked in government-related contracting long enough to know that a company missing out on one or two contracts they've bid for means absolutely nothing to their ability to maintain their existing contracts or continue to bid for further business. You win some, you lose some.

Have you given consideration to the idea that HA may have been taken more seriously because of the groundwork that AH did in proving that Australian-owned companies CAN mix it with the likes of CHC and Bristow?

What's the point in attacking them? What's the point in personally identifying and insulting people? Post anonymously if you like (hey, I am!), but I feel it's terribly dishonourable to identify and speak rudely of someone when you're not man enough to identify yourself.

I know enough about the company to know that the current problems are probably nothing whatsoever to do with the person you've mentioned, who I believe hasn't been "in charge" for several years. I don't even know who is at the top these days, but regardless who is, come on guys ... let's try to keep things RELATIVELY civil.