PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - teaching stalls
Thread: teaching stalls
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2007, 06:48
energie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power on stalls

I hope it's ok for me to ask a question here, I feel that it's relevant and hopefully could add to this thread

I had my 2nd lesson on stalls today, specifcally on power on stalls. I am having a lot of problem recovering from the stalls

What is happening is that I am having problem controlling the yaw with the rudder. I am entering the power on stalls from 2100RPM. Once the airspeed is stable and i'm not ascending and descending, I began applying aft pressure on the controls. I do this smoothly until the stall horn sounded, then I gave it a bit more aft pressure just to tip it over the edge. As soon as it stalls, i apply full power. Because I am anticipating yaw that comes from the full power application, I stepped on the right rudder. But either i'm stepping on it too hard, too early, too late, too soft, I just don't know. One of the wings would drop and i would be attempting the recovery sideways.

My instinct would kick in and i would try to turn it back by turning the aileron the opposite way. This often makes it worse! At the same time I would stop the rudder pressure because I am instinctively unsure if the rudder pressure is actually causing my bad recovery!

This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can effectively control the yaw in this case?

thanks!
E.