PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 3
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 3
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 20:06
Daza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMIBaby

Good news, BMIBaby could make some money here. They have decisive plans in complete contrast to Flybe/Bacon. I wish that some of the other full service players would take on previously profitable routes from BHX too how about LH take HAM, HAJ,STR and TXL, AF to LYS and NCE and IB or Click take on MAD/BCN?
This whole takeover has been based upon the fact that business travelers who are used to high frequency short haul service to business centre cities will choose a low fares airline. I think most would choose the likes of LH,AF,SK.LX ahead of a Low Fares airline. Like the issue of crew/flight deck and other BACON staff i think that there has been a lot of presumption that staff/customer would just transfer over no questions asked!
I hope BHX manages to retain at least some of its routes we don't all want to fly to obscure airports in Scandinavia dozens of miles fro your destination, unpronounceable Polish cities or Alicante/Malaga/Faro, the success of an airport surely should be in variety.
Rant over
Im lying down with a cold flannel now
Daza