PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Met's EC145s are about to go Operational!
Old 16th Feb 2007, 19:50
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cap'n Cop

I believe you are generally correct in everything except the timing of the feast.

Unless the Met have changed their plans of just two months ago the suggestion that the 145 being operational is imminent [as in by March] I would dispute.

True they have been training on the 145s for some weeks now but, unlike more recent previous aircraft introductions, this is not intended to be an immediate changeover of types. More likely to reflect what they did in changing from the 222 to the 355 [well maybe not so long!] as there is a lot of technology to take on-board. I expect they will again be a 6 aircraft unit for a fair period in the coming year.

Runway? Yes, but again the timescale is 'Not yet' - they have yet to get planning permission on that. As far as I am aware the plans are not yet in so the horses can still rest in their field. Might make the golf at West Essex a bit more exciting with a giant fan whizzing over the flight path of the little balls!