PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFT vs CABAR vs OAT.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 16:38
early_bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AFT vs CABAR vs OAT.

Hi guys/gals,
I have read quite a bit of the threads asscoiated with these FTOs however it looks as if my situation is somewhat unique.

I have been granted fATPL sponsorship by 'my' government and they have created a report depicting my 'options' along with the associated costs.
Understandably, they have brought up the issue of the large variations in overall costs between the three schools i.e. why should we pay £15000 more to school X when we could have you attend school Y and, ultimately, attain exactly the same ratings (bear in mind I will be studying full time)

Firstly I would like to know, if 'money were no object', which of these these would you use for your Zero-fATPL/ Integrated fATPL training and why?.

Secondly which of these would give me the best value for money (best bang for my buck...so to speak)? I know they all lead to the fATPL, I've also been told that with the AFT option I would gain about 60-70 hours of 'extra' flying time.

The costs came to the following:

AFT: £60,400
CABAIR: 68,800
OAT: £76,700

Thanks everyone,
Cheers, E.B

Last edited by early_bird; 18th Feb 2007 at 18:47. Reason: added additional details RE: my unique situation