PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 16:23
robiemartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABX

The ABX aircraft will be flown by ABX pilots. ANA and ABX have applied for JCAB approval for the agreement. I would assume that with ANA's backing the agreement has a good chance of approval, but have not heard how long it might take before JCAB reaches a decision.

ABX has talked to the pilot group about a Japan domicile but there are many hurdles to that arrangement. Expectation in the group is that we will probably end up with LAX and commercial deadheads to/from our trips. Our current schedules are week-on/week-off, but we've discussed 2-on/2-off and month-on/month-off for this contract.

We only operate and have on order -200's, so we won't be involved with long-haul trips (transpac) in the foreseeable future.

I've been watching developments closely, as I do intend to bid for a position. I came to ABX 9 years ago with hopes of flying the 767 internationally. We've had no growth since the DHL buyout of Airborne Express and our subsequent spinoff, so I've had no real opportunity to bid out of DC-9 FO.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions.