PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 14:03
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OldFlyBoy,

As one very mature aviator to another, I was pleased to read you balanced comments. I have refrained from further posting on here due to the somewhat imature and unwarranted comments by certain people, who know who they are.

As an 'unbiased' reader, I was pleased that you felt it showed the service in a good light, despite the fact that the comments have clearly upset some people, understandably in my opinion. Nevertheless, if the publics image hasn't been tarnished, then I would take this opportunity to ask the likes of SFFP, TSM, Clockwork Mouse and BB to agree to disagree on the matter, and put it to bed. You have all, and myself included, contributed to allowing the journolist to win here. I should think he is laughing like a drain!

SFFP, this is not meant to be a patronising statement, so please don't come back with any more rudeness to me about it. It is a humble bit of advice from someone who is a bit (probably quite a bit) older, wiser and more mature than you to call a halt to it. That goes for you all. Endex I feel.

I would join the oldflyboy is wishing all our forces, wherever they are serving at this very difficult of times, every success and all good wishes. Be assured that, irrespective of yoour rank, position or trade, you are all held in the highest esteem by the likes of oldflyboy and myself.

Yours Aye
The Winco