PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 13:33
oldflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel A Civilian Perspective

Dear Posters,

Although in the business, albeit the less scary civilian side, I am a regular reader of Prune and happened upon the military forum and this thread while awaiting a light lunch from Mrs Oldflyboy. I must say, though I respect that lots of you seem to have become very agitated about the perception that the Service may have been belittled by the Sunday Times article, you do seem to be getting your collective knickers in a twist about it!

Mrs OFB and I read the article with some interest, and our only comments were of the " Thank the Lord we dont have to do that, sounds like a horrific way to earn a living and are we not lucky that there are lots of young Men and Women who are prepared to do it" variety. Since reading various rants here I have run the article by several guys and girls I fly with, and all are of the same opinion that in fact it shows all those who serve in a good light.

Perhaps when you are in it, any implied criticism of your colleagues touches nerves, especially in a theatre of war, but I can assure all who may bother to read this that us civilians thought the article interesting, informative and OUR impression of all of you was made more positive as a result of it.

Aplogies to anyone who thinks a civilian should not infringe your specific forum, but my late Uncle Tony Moyes was a Wing Commander who flew Lancasters in WW2, so perhaps that family history may allow inclusion!

God Bless all who Fly and those who support them in these difficult times.

Oldflyboy.