PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2007, 10:30
1000CC'soffun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And still the story continues.

I have to say that I agree with many on this forum, that some comments that Caz made, (even if perhaps "adjusted" for the artilcle) were silly or misplaced.

I do not know Caz, but I would like to think that she would not have tried intentionally, in a public newspaper article, to "big" herself up or to belittle those who are not of the pilot or aircrew fraternity.

IF Caz did really say and mean those comments to which this thread is all about then she deserves every bit of abuse aimed at her.
However,
I believe Caz was talking casually with this Journo, and perhaps came out with some comments (that in the RAF are used daily as "banter" between personnel) that perhaps she now wishes she had not said. (The article would have been no worse if they had not been published)

I know in this PC world that we live in, even now I will give as good as I get, "banter" is banter, it has gone on between groundcrew and aircrew since the first pilot flew in the military. It goes on between Movers and Teccies, Aircrew and Movers, Teccies and Admin and Aircrew and everyone. Banter is Banter, the military thrive on it, however many (non) military people can not tolerate the level of banter we sometimes use. Sure, everyone must at some stage admit to making a comment that belittles someone else compared to them, we are human, we like to think we are sometimes better than someone else, it can (sometimes) be reffered to as personal pride (perhaps) in your own mind.

I think some of the comments she made should have been confined to the bar, and not made to the general populus.
My partner (a civvie) read the article and said "Who does she think she is, what a childish comment to make, does she think she is the only one who is important in the RAF".

Childish comment............I think that may sum this up, and the constant bickering between some of the PPRuNer's on this thread........the same.

Come on guys, keep the morale up by banter at work, keep it at work though. or let's start a banter thread where we can just be childish ourselves, (oh, we have) banter however is only banter when you know the other person(s), if you don't then it suddenly becomes "slagging".

Just a thought mind.

Disclaimer

Whilst these are my views they may not neccessarily mirror those of other members of this site.

Last edited by 1000CC'soffun; 16th Feb 2007 at 10:33. Reason: Spelling.....again....sorry!