PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 16th Feb 2007, 08:12
avrodamo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTSS - For what its worth, i did the SSTR route. I secured a position after 6 months with a loco on the 737. All i would say is that having the TR is really on 25% of the battle. Once you start line training, that is where you really sink or swim. Personally, it made the TR a walk in the park. The line training is real airline flying, and for me, i realised very quickly why airlines want experienced people first. You think you know so much, but realise very quickly you know so little. The pace is incredible, and you will be given so many factors that you never even considered in the sim on the TR. ATC, other aircraft, contaminated runways, tech problems, passenger problems, loadsheet problems, overweight on arrival, Low vis ops, manual loadsheets, manual navlogs, horrendous crosswinds.....the list goes on. All 4 of us who started together found it very very hard going. Its a great 'pat on the back' when you get through it, but i would say it is the line training where you will work your hardest and find it the toughest.
When i was doing my TR, there were 2 guys on an Airbus course who got picked up by a loco immediately after finishing. One of them found the line training very very difficult and despite further training sectors ended up handing in his notice. It was just too much for him.

Last edited by avrodamo; 18th Feb 2007 at 06:57.