PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 23:59
rusty_y2k2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another ex Navy chap is out in NZ, he was chopped on 824 and is getting a bit frustrated with the whole course out there. He doesn't have a PPL so is having to go through all of the basics.
Would that be a certain Scottish chap?

Stage 3 I came a cropper. And this is where ex military people find it weird. It's all about team building / role play stuff but they don't want you to take charge of a situation. And they don't want you to be quiet either. It's all very fluffy - unfortunately the team I was with were quiet as a mouse and I ended up steering them through the excercise.
Yeah it's a tricky one... It's not that they don't want to see you take charge of the situation, it's that they want to see that although you have the ability to lead they also want to see that you are not over-dominating and give everyone else the chance to have the lime light for a bit. So if you are a strong leader character (like most ex mil officers are) and are surrounded by the quiet retiring types during your group activities you have your work cut out for you for sure.