PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Female C-130 pilot - The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2007, 21:20
samuraimatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dear Winco

I have just seen your post addressed to me. I admit that I am as surprised by your extraordinary presumption and arrogance as I have been by the aggressive tone of many of your fellow Caz bashers.

I infer from your remarks in other posts that you are, or were, an RAF officer. If that is the case, then attacking another officer IN PUBLIC is un-officerlike, counter-productive and is far less defensible than anything young Caz was reported as saying in The Times article.

Why do you attribute my remarks to a "sence of loyalty to her?" I am not, nor ever was, in the RAF and I don't know her from Eve and have no reason to harbour any sence of loyalty towards her. But then neither do you.

If she did indeed let the side down badly, as you maintain, the general public would probably never have noticed it until you and your fellow bashers started laying into her IN PUBLIC. And make no mistake about it, Prune IS very public.

You then suggest I should get the young lady to make an unreserved apology on Prune. And why would I want to do that? I do not know her, nor am I in the RAF. This is your own, internal, self-indulgent, RAF cat-fight, which I find rather distasteful and certainly damaging to the image of your service. But I, thankfully, am not part of it.

And finally, you suggest that I inform everyone of the dangers of speaking to the press. OK! I will make a start. Winco, old bean, take your own advice and be aware of the dangers of washing your dirty linen IN PUBLIC.
Well well well someone has seen sense as well. This public and pathetic attempt by Winco and his cohorts to get her to make an apology is just counter-productive and serves no purpose. Let it go and get on with your own lives.